Daniel Moises Biography
Daniel Moisés Contreras Castillo was born in Callao, Peru in 1962. In 1986 he attended the National School of Fine Arts of Peru in Lima and graduated in 1992. The National School of Fine Arts of Peru is a public institution of higher education with university status; in which several most well known artists of Peru have attended. In 1999 Daniel attended courses for Drawing, Painting & Restoration at Escola Municipal Rodrigo Mello Franco de Andrade in Brazil. While in Brazil that year he also participated in the “Laser Cleaning and Conservation of Cultural Property; as well as the Winter Festival of the Federal University of Minas Gerais Image Workshop.
In Daniels work it is apparent that this artist is the confidant of nature. It seems as though landscape engages in a dialogue with him.
“In my paintings the pictorial memories I have of so many places, the conversations I have with nature and the force of my presence are recorded. Landscape erupts in all its richness, it is reflected in color, texture, brightness and intensity”.
1998 - " Art Peruano" Alles Gut - Cultural Space in the City of Campinas São Paulo - Brazil .
1999 - "Andean Renaissance" Galerias Mariana Sesi Minas Gerais - Brazil .
2007 - " Moche Pictures" from 4 to 12 September 2007 TRUJILLO Art Gallery Euroamericana .
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• Winner in Painting at the IV Bienal of Ancestral Arts, Millennial Ecuador in Quito, from 2 to 14 October 2012 .
• Eclipse - lll Art Binational Bolivia Peru has been named as most significant artist of December 12, 2012 to January 18, 2013 at the House of Culture and Puno Peru 4th February to 1 March 2013.
INTERNATIONAL GROUP SHOWS
• Ancestral Roots , Galeria Samitri " Belgian company. Minas Gerais , October 1999
• A Indivisivel soldao , Galeria FAOP " , Ouro Preto , Minas Gerais , November 5, 1999
• Galerie Escalier L ¨ expo comtemporain Perou , Lyon - France ." 25 August - 19 September 2005
• Night of Art " exhibition National Museum of the U.S. embassy April 2007
• Transcending Borders " South Cultural Center , Buenos Aires , Argentina in October 2008
• V sign Euroamericana Of Visual Arts 2008 " , Pietrasanta , Italy from 2 to 26 August
• X Festival of Arts Visual Campeche " Mexico 2009.
• Art Exhibition of two villages in the Gabriel González Videla Museum “, La Serena, Chile from 16 to 30 July 2009.
• International Art Expo Second Annual Exhibition , In Las Terrazas de Lima. 3 Al 31 De Octubre By The Ausitin Lima Sister Cities Comamittee In the U.S. in 2009
• V Lounge Art with Rights, Mexico, Argentina and Peru " from October 14 to November 2, 2009 , in the gallery Casa de Luna Street ortega 23 Col. Del Carmen , Coyoacan , Mexico DF
• Annaul Expo Fourth International Art Exhibition in 3 Al 31 De Octubre By The Austin Lima Sister Cities EEUU.en Comamittee In 2010
• Since -1 ° Painting in Quito, Ecuador at the 4th Biennial Art Ancestral 2 to October 24, 2012
• Innov San Marcos Art 2014" at the National University of San Marcos from 13 May to 12 June 2014